Wednesday, April 30, 2014
GLEN Campbell‘s family put him into a full-time care facility for a heartbreaking reason — they were afraid he would hurt himself or someone else.
“Glen is still as strong as an ox and can be menacing, especially when he’s frustrated by something,” a source told American tabloid the National Enquirer. “He’d get all riled up and begin bellowing loudly.
“After a while, (his daughter) Ashley and (her mom) Kim just couldn’t sleep easily. It was frightening. They were not only worried that Glen would hurt himself, but them, as well!
“Glen would wander outside the house at night, even in the snow, not knowing where he was. He would pick up anything in the house to drink – including household-cleaning products. It’s amazing he never poisoned himself.
“Everyone in the house was staying up all night long. They were afraid to go to sleep because of what Glen might do to himself or to them.
“The family told me it had just become too dangerous a situation and they had to do something, so they put him into a home.”
Glen’s distraught wife Kim told an interviewer: “There were five of us taking care of him, and we were all just completely exhausted. Even though we’ve tried to child-proof the house, he has to be watched every single second…He was chewing on a tube of Super Glue the other day. He’d pick up knives. We were struggling to keep him safe.”