Gold Medal-inspired drinks
Athletes participating in the 2012 Olympics tend not to indulge while competing, but fans of the huge event can certainly cheer their favorite athletes while imbibing on specialty cocktails.
PEOPLE.com has found three festive beverages perfectly suited to the games but still light and refreshing enough for summertime.
Follow the recipes for a taste of the biggest sporting event of the year!
The Russian Standard Gold Martini
China and the U.S. are neck-in-neck for the top spot in the gold medal count, but Russian Standard Gold vodka has come up with a couple cocktails to encourage the third in line! Ingredients
3 oz. vodka
1 oz. ginger liqueur (Domaine De Canton)
• In shaker, combine the two liquids and fill ½ of it with ice
• Shake vigorously and strain into chilled martini glass
• Rim glass with edible gold dust
Gold Medal Screwdriver
2 oz. vodka
2 mango slices
1 lime wedge
.5 oz. ginger simple syrup
Juice from one whole orange
• In a highball glass, muddle the mango, lime and ginger simple syrup.
• Fill with ice and add vodka and freshly squeezed orange juice.
• Garnish with an orange wheel
American Honey Gold Medal Cocktail
With so many sensational wins for Team USA’s ladies, this drink from the Wild Turkey team using their honey-infused bourbon can toast your favorite “American honey”! Ingredients
1½ oz. American Honey
¾ oz. simple syrup
4 oz. mango black tea
• Build drink in a tall glass and garnish with dried mango